Friday, October 3, 2014

Let's Make Stuffed Bell Peppers

One of my newest favorite meals to make for dinner are these stuffed bell peppers. I created this recipe after looking at a bunch of other recipes online and then added my own touch. 

As a side note: this recipe uses Emeril Lagasse's Essence Creole Seasoningwhich is one of my favorite spice mixes to date! I love this mix because you can make it yourself with many common pantry spices. Usually, I mix a big batch of it and store it in a recycled glass jar for use later on. I have found that it works incredibly well in so many recipes including stews, roast rubs etc. I also love it because it makes a great foolproof method of seasoning for my husband who often requests that I mix up another batch of the Creole Seasoning when we a running low.



Ingredients
1/2 cup Basmati rice
1/2 cup water
1/2 pound ground beef
1 egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon Emeril Lagasse's Essence Creole Seasoning
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
4 bell peppers cleaned and cut in half
1 cup of your favorite cheese, shredded (I used a combination of Monterrey Jack and Cheddar cheese)

1. Add rice and water in a small pan and cook on low until all of the water has been absorbed by the rice.
2. Preheat the over to 375 degrees F.
3. In a large bowl, add beef, rice, egg, bread crumbs, Essence Creole Seasoning, and worcestershire sauce and mix with hands until combined. 
4. Once the bell peppers have been cleaned and cut in half (make sure to remove seeds and ribs inside), fill the peppers with the beef mixture. 
5. Add shredded cheese to the top of the stuffed peppers.
6. Place peppers on baking sheet and place in preheated oven, cook for 25-30 min. depending on size of peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment